Reducing cycle times and achieving a superior surface finish are two key goals when 5-axis machining.
Evan Duncanson, milling applications specialist, EMUGE-FRANKEN USA offers a look at why manufacturers in aerospace, medical and automotive, die/mold and many other industries that machine parts traditionally with a ball nose end mill have access to a powerful alternative: circle segment end mills (also known as conical barrel cutters). Increased tool life, superb finishes and significantly reduced cycle times are all easily achieved when using circle segment end mills. Attend this session to gain a solid understanding of this highly productive milling option including the following overview: circle segment tools defined tool types and applications; CAM software requirement; why choose circle segment over ball mills or conventional finishing strategies (and when not to); and real-life application examples.
Latest from Today's e-Mobility
- Rohde & Schwarz showcases unique mobile test solutions
- Hyundai Motor Group's Supernal collaborates with Microsoft to advance critical technology for Advanced Air Mobility
- Ansible Motion's Delta series S3 driving simulator
- Powder Coating Institute accepting applications for 2023 Scholarship Program
- Autel Energy showcases vision to power the planet with electrified Ford Bronco
- Rohde-Schwarz's PVT360A performance vector tester
- Okuma GENOS M460V-5AX Leo the Lion
- Okuma's MCR-S double column machining center